Delta Centrifugal is a leading manufacturer of bearing rings and races. Our commitment to quality is essential to meet the needs of manufacturers of bearings for critical applications. We have the depth of experience required to understand and fulfill the unique requirements of a wide variety of bearing applications.
Stainless steel bearing components
Delta produces a variety of stainless steels commonly specified in bearing manufacture.
- Inner and Outer Rings or Races — common to all ball bearings, these rings provide a pathway on which the balls roll.
- Retainer Rings – used in many bearing designs to hold components onto a shaft or into a bore
Common alloys used
- 440C Stainless Steel — This high carbon stainless steel has the hardenability and wear resistance specified in many bearing designs.
- 304 and 316 Stainless Steel – bearing components made of 300 series stainless steel have the corrosion resistance necessary in some environments and applications.
- 17-4PH Stainless Steel – another versatile, heat treatable stainless typically specified for bearing component applications requiring both strength and corrosion resistance.